September 9th, 2009

Finn gave us quite the scare last Wednesday night... We were in the middle of putting in our lawn when Finn woke up from his nap screaming.
He never does this, so I knew something was wrong.
While Brandon made him a bottle, I was holding him and trying to get him to calm down when all of the sudden his entire body went limp, he couldn't even hold up his little head.
He snapped out of it within a few seconds, so we laid him on the couch to give him a bottle and call the Dr. and that's when he stopped breathing.
His eyes went off into a deep stare and he just stopped moving and breathing.
In pure panic, we ran him over to our neighbors (who is a Fireman and his wife is a nurse).
Brandon pounded on the door and then ran to the next house (where another Fireman lives) and pounded on the door.
After no one answered and a few minutes had passed, I just laid Finn on the grass and started giving him mouth to mouth while Brandon called 911 and went for help.
After a minute, our neighbors father came to the door. I saw that he was wearing a "Fire Station" shirt, so I practically through Finn at him expecting him to know what was going on.
Brandon and I were both hysterical, but I guess he could see that Finn was not breathing, so he gave him a few blows on the back and started to talk him back.
I have never loved Finns little cry so much in my life as I did in that moment that I heard him cry.
It took Finn a while to come back to normal, but when the EMT's took his vitals, they told us he was stable enough for us to take him to the hospital.
We drove him up to Primary Childrens Hospital where they checked us in for the night and ran several test on our tough little guy.
Finn was such a trooper and all the nurses fell instantly in love with him.
They were not able to find anything wrong with him, but we are thinking it was a seizure since they run in my family.
That was hands down the scariest thing that has ever happened to us and we pray that that was the worst of what's to come.
We are so happy that Finn is still with us and that he is ok.
We seriously love our little guy :)




27 comments:
OMG-i CAN NOT even imagine that feeling!!! He is so stinkin cute tho... seriously! Look at him! What a STUD :)
That is the scariest thing I have ever heard. I cant even imagine what that moment was like for you, I dont think I would know what to do. I am SO glad he is ok!
wow megan, i am so sorry you guys had to go through that. scariest thing i have ever heard, but i'm glad everything is ok. he'll be in our prayers. xoxo
i have tears just reading that post. your little guy will be in our prayers! we are glad he's ok!
Oh my gosh Megan, that is so scary! I would have been freaking out. I'm glad he's ok
oh megan i am so happy he is ok! that would be the scarriest thing ever, its a good thing u were both home. im so happy he is back to his old self he is so cute.
Megan. I am so glad everything is okay. I can't imagine!! He is such a little trooper.
oh, megan, i am so sorry that you had to go through that! there is nothing more terrifying than seeing your baby in a state like that. we had a scare with preslee over the summer, and it has taken me a while to get over it. i am so glad that he is okay! you guys are in my prayers. he is so adorable.
Breaks my heart! I'm glad everything was Ok.
Oh my goodness! Megan ... so scary!! I am so revealed ~ as I'm sure you are! ~ that everything is okay!! He sure is the cutest little hospital kiddo I've ever seen though.
I am so glad your little man is ok. I coundlt imagine what that would be like i wouldnt know what to do... Your little guy is so dang cute!!!
So scary, I'm so glad he's okay.
Finn, that is NOT ok to do to your parents! How scary! Jane's new thing is to cry and not take a breath then go limp. I haven't had to perform CPR yet though! I'm sorry and hope it never happens again!
I am so sorry! Glad to hear he is doing ok. You were so brave!
Oh Megan! I read this after spending all day at Primarys at Jay, sitting with him screaming in pain. It is so hard as a parent to see your child in a not perfect state. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It makes you appreciate your child in a way that you can't even explain. I'm so glad he is ok!!!
What?! I got the chills! I cannot even imagine what u guys were feeling... Oh my gosh! I am so sorry u had to go through this and I am praying it doesn't come back! U guys will be in our prayers!
I am like watery eyed reading this!! You never think that something like that will ever happen to you... that is so scary!! I would not know what to do... you guys are lucky to have a lot of trained neighbors like that. I am so glad that little Finn is okay, he is such a cutie! I will definitely keep him in my prayers:) Love you!
SO scary! I'm so glad that he is ok!
Megan...I started to cry when I read this to Janelle! I can't even imagine the scare that guys must have had! I am so happy that you guys are such great parents and helped him out the way you did! You guys are so wonderful and I am sorry to hear that this had to happen to you guys! We love you guys so much and keep an eye on that sweet little boy! He is so cute and precious, I just want to hug and kiss him all over!
Our hearts just ache for you guys and for little Finn (who is seriously a stud . . . what a cutie!). We are so sorry and we'll certainly be praying for you guys.
I'm almost in tears! WOW i can't imagine the emotions that were running through you that night! I'm so sorry but glad he is ok! We miss seeing you. Call us and lets play...
oh my gosh! i couldn't breath while reading that even though i already knew that he was going to be ok!! that is so scary. I'm so glad he is ok! Take care!
Oh wow Meg that story makes me want to vomit. I feel so sick now. I'm so so glad he is okay.
Megan, this broke my heart. And I'm your neighbor and didn't even help. I feel horrible. There is nothing worse than seeing your child hurt. We are so lucky to have so many fireman and police officers in our ward. That amazes me that you were able to start cpr on him, I don't know if I would've had it all put together. Love you Megan.
WOW!!! I can't even imagine how scary that must have been! (nor do i want to) I'm glad everything is ok! What a relief!
Oh my gosh!! That is so SCARY! We are so glad he is OK!
you should have posted the pics of us so delirious the day after. i miss finn. bring him home to my bod. love you.
Post a Comment