Thinking of you Kris

while Memorial Day for most is a day off work or school,
for many it is a day to remember loved ones who have passed on.
For the Burns family,
Memorial Day is a day to remember Kris Burns
(Brandon's big brother).
I never personally met Kris,
but have heard many stories
and let me tell you
I'm pretty sure I would have instantly loved him :)
All the stories I have heard
either involve him destroying a car in some way
(ranging from a home made sun roof to driving a van off a cliff)
or torturing neighborhood children while dressed as a Nija.
Gathering together with the Burns family at Kris's grave stone
is always an uplifting and positive experience.
This year we all got to write a little "heart attack" note to Kris
and put it by our little stick person to watch over him.
I am so grateful to be married into such a strong and loving family
who have taught me so much!!!




2 comments:
That is the sweetest idea. What a great family you have! Also happy anniversary! Lovin the robes!!
Thanks for making me cry at work.
Post a Comment