Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Porcupine Meatballs & Pumpkin Carving Contest!!!

The Sargent Family joined us for a spectacular night of Brandon's favoritePorcupine dinner and some good old pumpkin carving.

of coarse...Brandon had to have the biggest pumpkin of us all haha

Stacy ruined Chris's "U" surprise while Brandon had no idea what he was going to to at this point. We seriously had such a blast carving these cute little pumpkins.

Pumpkin Heads...yeah we rock!!!

The mess followed by some delightful pumpkin seeds :)

Family pictures with the pumpkin children. Actually Brandon did carve our little Ducky. See the second pumpkin from the right...it's totally a little fetus baby haha


Seems I didn't get the memo that it's not cool to just carve a face in your pumpkin...you have to go all out and carve an entire picture these days.
left-right: Stacy with the love birds, Megan with Jack Skelington, Brandon with the fetus child, and Chris with the unsurprising "U"

the final project...which one is your favorite?

11 comments:

Mike & Traci said...

Love the Pumpkins!! Love the cute poses next to your pumpkins :)

Sara said...

Wow! Nice fetus! Ha! My favorite is the love birds... you guys r talented!

Ashlii Brooke said...

A fetus - seriously only your Brandon. Kills me! (BTW my encrypted word today to post this was colon. Made me chuckle)

Er Bear said...

oh! look at that little belly! love it! i have to say i like the love birds the best! faces are out dated megs, get with the picture!

Jacque and Mike Nielson said...

Call me traditional but I love a simple smiling face pumpkin!

Stacey Sargent said...

two votes for mine! hahaha! i rock! love the post!

Kim and Steve said...

Megan...I was looking at Ashley's blog and saw all of your halloween costumes...yours was AWESOME!!!! Bella in book 4. I was dying...I loved it!! Can't wait for the movie to come out!

Erica said...

Super jealous - I can't wait until we are home so we can do all this stuff with you guys!

Ashley and Ezra said...

Megs I have to agree with Jacque on this one... I'm a sucker for a traditional face carved in the pumpkin! Maybe it's how we were raised! (I think with my vote you and Stacey are tied... Maybe I'll rig it and vote again, I know how you like to win!) CUTE posses!

Chris Sargent said...

The birds is good but seriously the U is awesome

Tom Branch Family said...

both tom and i would say that the fetus is far superior to all of the other pumkins.